Friday, April 2, 2010

Installing a custom action MSI on Windows Server 2008

If you receive the "Installer encountered an error.  The error code is 2869" then you need to do the following to resolve this issue:

  1. Open console prompt by right-clicking and Run as Administrator.
  2. Navigate to the directory where your msi is located.
  3. Type the following: msiexec /i "appname.msi" and hit enter
This will raise the privileges of the installer and allow your custom application to install.  I was running into this error when I was attempting to install a service-based application on my Windows Server 2008 Enterprise Edition x64 server.  I already lowered the UAC (User Account Control) to the lowest setting and was still getting this error.  However, the above command allowed me to install my application.

No comments:

Post a Comment